What content is right for me?
TEM for simple imaging purposes
For basic image generation, where staff are on site to help with trouble-shooting and alignment issues, it is generally only important to understand:
- how to prepare a sample, including knowledge of both health and safety concerns.
- the general parts of the machine.
- how to insert the sample into the TEM [see Virtual TEM].
- basic background regarding image formation (i.e. bright field).
- how to use the apertures (both the condenser and objective) to enhance contrast [see Virtual TEM].
- how to operate the controls to adjust focus and correct for stigmation [Focus/stigmation & Virtual TEM].
- how to change the magnification, converge and diverge the beam [see Virtual TEM].
- how to judge if an image is properly adjusted, in order to take a photograph of the region of interest [Focus/stigmation & Virtual TEM].